Friday, May 24, 2013

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND



We all think of Memorial Day as the beginning of summer and Labor Day as the ending and typically mark these events with get-togethers and beach parties. But not many people know that the first Memorial Day was celebrated on May 1, 1865 in remembrance of the Civil War dead. By the 20th century, Memorial Day had been extended to honor all Americans that died in all wars. My father served in the U.S. Army during World War I, all five of my brothers served in the military and I am a veteran of two wars. Therefore, I want to thank all of my military and veteran patients for their service and “Semper Fi” to my fellow Marines.

A word of caution for those planning to spend this weekend on our beautiful, sun-drenched beaches on the First Coast. Please refer to one of my past blogs regarding sunscreens and skin precautions to keep yourself and loved ones safe from the harmful sun rays.

Below is an image on Jersey Beach last summer prior to being devastated by Hurricane Sandy on October 29th. While watching the news in our New York apartment this morning I was pleased to see that the boardwalks and concessions on the Jersey Shore have reopened.




JERSEY SHORE - MEMORIAL DAY 2012



On behalf of everyone from Obi Plastic Surgery Clinic, we wish you a safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend!

DR. LEWIS OBI AND STAFF


2 comments:

  1. It's always nice to hear someone's personal story, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day! I found the sunscreen precautions to be very helpful! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

 
Hyper Smash