Monday, January 16, 2012

SLIM LIPO SUCCESSFUL IN ALMOST 100% OF PATIENTS WITH AXILLARY HYPERHIDROSIS (EXCESSIVE PERSPIRATION OF THE ARMPITS)


As a follow up to our blog of May 25th, 2011, it has been reported by our European colleagues that SlimLipo (laser lipolysis) of the axillary sweat glands has been successful in almost all of the cases treated. Because hyperhidrosis affects more than 10% of the general population, hyperhidoris is considered a disease and many treatments proposed. Botox injections are successful but last only 3 to 6 months and are very expensive. One treatment with the Slim Lipo platform results in significant long term improvement in 80% of patients treated with reduced sweating in almost 100% of patients. A hyperhidrosis disease severity scale has been established and the class 3 and 4 patients were included in the European study. The SlimLipo treatments of the armpits are performed under local anesthesia with the patients returning to work the next day. An introductory fee of $2300 will remain in effect through February.

Hyperhydrosis Disease Severity Scale

“How would you rate the severity of your hyperhidrosis?”

1. My sweating is never noticeable and never interferes with my daily activities

2. My sweating is tolerable but sometimes interferes with my daily activities

3. My sweating is barely tolerable and frequently interferes with my daily activities

4. My sweating is intolerable and always interferes with my daily activities

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hyper Smash