Monday, March 18, 2013

SPRING IS A TIME FOR RENEWAL



Spring is seen as a time of growth, renewal and of new life (both plant and animal). The term is also used more generally as a metaphor for the start of better times and I am optimistic that is the case. Most of the recent blogs on our website have been around innovative technology, new techniques and novel devices in the field of plastic surgery. As one of the senior plastic surgeons in the U.S., I have been fortunate to continue participating in many new advances in the area of lasers, stem cells and more recently with the introduction of the Natrelle Style 410 Form Stable breast implants. 

There has been a paradigm shift in our specialty as evidenced by the most recent changes, many of which I have been professionally involved with. During the past five years, I have integrated more new techniques and technology into my practice than I experienced during the previous decade. We are indeed approaching the "Spring of Renewal" both in Plastic Surgery as well as other areas of Medicine. There are better times ahead!

During the first weeks of Spring, my schedule includes sojourns to New York City, Boston, Boca Raton and Los Angeles.  At the end of March I will be working at the laser laboratories of Palomar Medical in Boston in order to move on to the next phase of the FDA cleared cellulite laser project.  In mid April I will be sharing my tentative “Gummy Bear Implant” results at the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons meeting in New York. The following weekend, I will be performing live surgery and lecturing at Palomar’s Aesthetic Summit Meeting at The Boca Raton Resort & Club.



Boca Raton Resort and Club

Finally, it’s off to the California Stem Cell Treatment Center accreditation conference on the weekend of May 2-4, 2013. I will be meeting with Dr. Mark Berman in Los Angeles and then on to the accreditation conference in Rancho Mirage, California. I became an affiliate member of CSCTC in 2011 and now investigating the prospects of establishing the first therapeutic stem cell treatment facility in Jacksonville. 


Kindest regards to all of our wonderful patients.

Lewis J. Obi, MD, FRSA








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hyper Smash