Monday, July 15, 2013

The Art and Science of Facial Rejuvenation - The Prefix


THE ART AND SCIENCE OF FACIAL REJUVENATION
At the Obi Plastic Surgery Clinic




As a follow up to our July Newsletter when I was asked by one of my patients: “Dr. Obi, what differentiates you from other plastic surgeons and why should I come to you for my surgery?" As an extension of my answer in our July Newsletter, I would like to dedicate our blogs this week to the area of facial rejuvenation. As an art student I often used Leonardo Da Vinci’s anatomical texts for assistance in attempting portraiture. Based on his standards as plastic surgeons, we divide the face into three segments:

Part I - The Neck
Part II - The Mid Face
Part III - The Brows and Forehead




The Vitruvian Man is a drawing created by Leonardo da Vinci circa 1490.

Western standards for classical aesthetics was derived largely from Renaissance artists depiction of beauty.  

Compliments of Obiarts Inc.


In the operating theater, I still rely on software stored in my brain to execute my work. Recently we expanded our body imaging capability with the installation of the Canfield 3D cameras (Vectra XT™) and the 360 video turntable. This advanced technology is more beneficial to the patient then it is for me in the planning of my surgery. Patients can actually see results before their surgery.




Later this week we will continue our series discussing techniques that I apply to the 3 zones of the face: I. Neck - II. Mid face - III. Brows and Forehead.





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Hyper Smash